Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Mololoa, Mi Corazon

Bus rides, one of the best parts!!!  (We are prepared for head lice!!)

I’m typing this on Tuesday and working on this post without hardly any signal at all.  Randi Grossman, another young blogger is here with me up by the chapel.  We are trying to use their signal because the one by our dorms is down.

The way to Mololoa (Zoom in on the road, this part isn't even that bad!)



I will try to keep today’s post because she might borrow my laptop.




We only have 4 working days in Honduras left counting today.  That’s hard to believe.  Of course, I have 10 more days after that in Costa Rica!  My how time flies.

I have made some progress.  This little girl usually cries when the gringas are around, but she didn't today.


Today we had three teams.  One group would be assembling food bags and delivering them to needy families.  They have out over 200 bags and had to hike up and down mountains on slippery paths to get to there.  I overhead a person from that group says, some families thanked them especially because they live so far away that groups never come there.



There was another house build close to the dump.  Some of the missionaries that live here full-time said that people no longer live inside the dump full-time, I’m assuming because Torch has built so many houses for the families in the area!!

They are showing the bracelets we made.  Can you tell they love them?


The rest of us went back to Mololoa to either a) work in the feeding center, b)  work on clearing the land by the daycare or 3) work in the daycare.


I really wanted to go back to Mololoa and I got my wish.  Before I left home, I bought some pipe cleaners and plastic beads at the Dollar Tree.  I thought that would be a great craft for kids, whether it be at the hospital or somewhere else.



The other day when I was there, the teacher was working on colors in English.  By now, the ladies are always glad to see us, especially those of us who have been coming many years.  I got permission to do the activity.  I’m always amazed how the children there, are patient and mannerly.  They don’t complain and ask for their favorite color.  I would talk to them in both English and Spanish. (Of course, very simple language)


I almost forgot…when I first got their the children were eating spaghetti and sauce.  I was confused because I didn’t think we had gotten there so late that it was lunchtime.  They were actually having it for breakfast.  I jumped in and started washing those dishes.



Just imagine washing greasy plastic dishes with no hot water!!!  Needless to say, it took me awhile!!!



I enjoyed talking to the little ones and holding the babies.  Around 2 pm, all of the children were put down for a nap.  That is also an amazing process.  They go get their mat and lie down on the floor.  No whining, crying or playing around.


During naptime, Diane did a Bible lesson for both the ladies of the daycare and the ladies of the feeding center.  Her lesson was about prayer.  I had also brought each of them a pair of my earrings.  We discussed how they felt and what they did when they were happy.  She explained that when we are happy or sad, we tell our friends, but God was a friend who cared and also wanted to know everything.  (When they are sad, happy, scared, etc.)


Diane then gave each of them a Bible. (Like she did the ladies of Choluteca) Each one had a picture of a lady from her congregation with a prayer request inside.  We then had them, fill out a card for their friend in the US and we took a picture with Diane’s Instamatic camera to put inside.


All in all it was a great day and I hope the pictures tell the rest of the story.

She is wearing the earrings I made.


We had a long hike back to the bus.  The roads are too bad for it to take us all the way there!

Hasta luego!

PJ  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment