Monday, January 3, 2011

Ready or Not, We're Back!!!!

Well, I’m back at work, but my internal clock didn’t know because I was wide awake at midnight.  4:45 came awfully early, but I was alert and ready to go.
The children came in excited to see me and tell me all about their Christmas vacations.  I heard stories about:  BB guns, American girl dolls, playing in the snow, Dads coming home from Afghanistan, lost teeth, getting “skinny pants” (skinny jeans), and ice-skating in California, to name a few. 
One little girl said, “I want to be a teacher!” I reassured her and told her that she would be a good one.  A little boy (who is almost as tall as my 5’7”) said, “I want to be a sandwich shop guy!”  I had to ask him to repeat that because I wasn’t sure that I caught that! J
All in all, the kids were great and even though I was sad my break was over, we really had a great day!!

Profound (maybe) thought for the Day:
Sunday, one of my FB friends asked if he was doing God’s work when he worked in the hospital on Sunday.  Of course I told him that he was!  That was when it hit me….I am doing God’s work when I teach these little children every day.  They are sweet and innocent and trust me completely.  They look up to me and they deserve my best every day.  I need to remember that on the days when I hear for the twentieth time, “He cut me!” (That’s second grade lingo, in case you don’t remember, for “He got in front of me in line!”)  Thanks E.H. for opening my eyes!!  Mark 10:14 14 When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, teaching is a mission field. Also changing diapers, taking care of the sick, washing dishes and cooking for friends and family, also God's work, when done with the correct attitude.

    ReplyDelete