Monday, January 17, 2011

Five Guys/Three Day Weekend

Three Day Weekend: Endless Possibilities
(Some one's mind is in the gutter...My husband said the title of this blog was suggestive...I didn't even think anything about it...I hope you take time to read this to find out what "Five Guys" is referring to!)

Ready for Saturday meeting. hoping to get in a workout










 
Practicing my Zumba moves, This is embarrassing!



Most of Saturday was spent in a meeting, but my hubby and I had a later afternoon date. We went to lunch and I got to look around in a few stores in Cool Springs. I didn't buy a thing, but I had fun!!!











Sat. afternoon date with hubby. He lets me pick the place.
So, it was Five Guys in Brentwood.  Our first time to go.

Peanuts to eat while you wait

The hamburger and french fries were AMAAAAZINNNNGG! The french fries were fresh-cut and a word to the wise, two people can share a serving.  There were this many fries in the brown bag also!!!!
















Sunday: Church and we took my younger son out for a steak at Ruby Tuesdays because he was going back to college that afternoon. My nest is empty again! :(




  
 
 

Can you tell he doesn't like getting his picture taken? He left to go back to college!  :(




Sunday afternoon: Zumba class, then I drove to my mom's house.
Sunday night: Mom and I went to her church and had dinner afterwards at Culvers.  We shared a turtle sundae.  I hope the Zumba class balanced out the calories!! :/







Cute area in my mom's yard

(Mama Cat at my mom's house) A friend generously offered to let me put some of my earrings in her booth.  I was getting those ready with the cat's help!





Mom's house (It's for sale, she's moving into town!)


Monday, Dr. Martin Luther King's B-day: Thank for the day off and thank you MLK for your message of peace and non-violence.  You are one of my heroes!   Mom and I went to Peddlers' Mall to meet my friend Renee.





God keeps blessing me!!!An old friend,that I have reconnected with on FB, has let me put my earrings in her booth at Peddlers' Mall.  If you live in Murray, go by and check out #88.  I'm selling my earrings for $6.  I keep them cheap and reasonable.  Go by and treat yourself or your honey!!  I may bring more stuff later!!

























My earrings at Peddlers' Mall. I'm #88, you can ask at the front desk! I know this isn't a good picture of my earrings, but I'm working on that!






I went by my dad and my brother's grave site before I headed home.


Profound (Maybe) Thought of the Weekend:  I want to make this clear, I always choose scriptures that speak to me. That means, I need the message more than anyone.  If you know me well,  (and many of you do ;) ) you know I'm not perfect.....far from it....I just like to share my thoughts.


This scripture keeps reappearing in my life and it was the focus of our preacher's sermon Sunday morning.  It is Hebrews 11:13-16.  The sermon tied it into families nurturing spiritual well-being.  I think that is appropriate, but this scripture gives me a different message too...one of hope....I will explain in a few moments.









13 These all died in faith, not having received the things promised, but having seen them and greeted them from afar, and having acknowledged that they were strangers and exiles on the earth. 14 For people who speak thus make it clear that they are seeking a homeland. 15 If they had been thinking of that land from which they had gone out, they would have had opportunity to return. 16 But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared for them a city.


Noone has a perfect life, including me.  This scripture tells me that I will not see all of my rewards on earth.  All of my prayers may not be answered.  People in my life may not make the choices that I think are best, but I have been promised a better reward, a "better country, a heavenly one".  That is enough for me!!






Prayer requests:  1. prayers for friends with financial difficulties, 2. prayers for those who have lost their jobs, 3. prayers for those experiencing pain (physical, spiritual, emotional), 4. prayers struggling in relationships,

5.  Please add your prayer requests in the comment section!!









xoxo Friends





















 





1 comment:

  1. remember our troops and civilian support, our country's leaders. Remember to seek God's will be done in each of our lives. Praise and thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete