Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Almost Done!!!

June 22:  I'm almost done and ready to go.  Here is the suggested packing list:








Bible
Toilet paper (comfort is everything)
Pepto Bismal (the pink miracle)
Tooth brush/paste
Soap/shampoo
Hand wipes (bring a lot!)
Hand sanitizer (very important)
Imodium (life savers)!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shaving cream/razor (if needed)
Towel/wash cloth
Deodorant (others will thank you)
Q-tips
Insect repellent (Cactus Juice)
Multi-vitamins
Passport
Camera/film/ Memory Cards
Deck of cards
Watch (waterproof)
Work clothes (disposable)

Personal medicines

Rain Jacket / Suit

Hammer

Toys / give away stuff

Flip flops (for shower)

Work shoes (closed toed) (2 pairs)
Work gloves

Laundry bag
Zip-lock bags (sandwich size)
Zip-lock bags (gallon size)
Flash light

Alarm clock

Duct tape (You always need duct tape for something…)
Spending money ($95 - $150+)
Hat/visor
Water bottle (s)
Sunscreen (psf 20 +)
Paper/pen/pencil
Backpack

Spanish/English dictionary
Snack foods / Peanut butter/jelly

Gatorade / Kool-Aid mix
Pocket knife
Sunglasses
Sharpie markers
Band-aides



Besides that I have a few additions:  glasses, contacts, OTC medicines, laptop/charger, phone charger, camera charger, reading light, hoodie, Torch journal, work fund money, insurance card, luggage lock (recommended for my laptop, when I get there), curling iron, makeup, travel pillow .  I'm sure there's other things.  My brain is spinning with all of the details. 

I worked from about 3:00-8:30 packing yesterday & I'm not totally done.  There are just some things you can't pack till you leave.  After that, I went to Walmart for a few last things.  I came back exhausted and went to sleep around 10:30.  I woke up around 4:40 wide awake, my brain was still buzzing with all of the details and things that I need to remember.


On my list today:
1.  Check into flight (I did that, but I had a couple gliches (sp?).
2.  Ask Nick to call about reserving spot at the Park & Ride place.  He always uses it when he travels and it's very convenient.  They deliver you right to the curb in a limo.  It sounds fancy, but it's actually cheaper than long-term parking at the airport.
3.  Wash a few extra clothes that I want to take. Plus get laundry caught up.
4.  Make a list of things that my son needs to do when I'm gone.
5.  Get him a dentist appt. for when he's home.
6.  Take personal suitcase to UPS and make sure it doesn't weigh over 50 pounds.  If it doesn't, I will be able to add more of the items that people have donated for me to take.  (I have lots more stuff to fit in if I can.)
7.  Take things that won't fit by the church for the other person who is going to Honduras in a few weeks.
8.  Pack my backpack.
9.  Pack my travel purse.
I'm sure there are more things, but that's all I can think of right now.



Good News/Bad News:   Other  than the things listed above, I don't have to go anywhere, so I can kind of take it easy.  I do have to leave VERYEARLY in the morning.  I have thought about just not going to sleep.  Maybe I'll try to take a long nap this afternoon.  The problem is I can't seem to do that anymore without a little help.  We'll see!!!


Prayer Request:  Please pray that all of our Torch members have safe & uneventful travel.  One of our group who took the same flight I'm taking was delayed in Nashville because of bad weather.  She missed her flight in Houston. (There's only about 50 min. between flights.)  She had to take a flight to Miami and then get another flight to Honduras.  :/


I will do my best to post at least a short blog every day!!!!
Additional blog of a missionary work that we support:
The Manna Project, Mololoa (sp)
http://jmarnold.blogspot.com/2011/06/current-needs-for-mololoa.html


It's about 1:30 pm and I'm about to shut down the computer and pack it up!!! Until the next post in Central America!!





(Sorry for any typos or grammatical errors, I didn't edit closely!)

xoxoPJ








xoxoPJ

No comments:

Post a Comment