Sunday, April 10, 2011

Weekend Update-Hip Hip Hooray!!!

Weekend Update:



It's early!


Saturday, April 9:  It was off to WW. 

Great News!!!  I lost 2 pounds.  I lost the one I gained last weekend and one extra!  All I can say is…….It’s about time.  The hubby and I met for our Saturday morning tradition…….breakfast at IHop.






BWW Update


If you have followed my blog, you know I have a standing appointment for Zumba at 10:30.  I had almost 2 hours to kill and a few errands to run.  I had some pants to return to Target and I had earned a $10 gift certificate to Dick’s Sporting Goods.


Target always has lots of nice things!







Zumba was great.  We had a 90 pound substitute that kicked my booootay!  After Zumba, I got one of my Saturday treats, a caramel frappucino.  Then, I was in desperate need of a manicure and pedicure.  So,  I had a relaxing appointment with my favorite, crazy manicurist at Elegant Nails.


Our other standing tradition is a late lunch/early dinner.  Since, I really watch my diet during the week, Saturday is my day to choose whatever restaurant I’m craving.  We decided to revisit a wonderful catfish place outside of Dickson. We arrived around 3:30 and they didn’t open until 4:00.  We found that the Montgomery Bell State Park was very close nearby. We drove around and enjoyed the beautiful Spring Day.  The food was as great as we remembered. This place not only is it the best catfish that I have ever eaten (it’s spicy), but they have fresh-cut French fries, and the usual white beans, cole slaw and hush puppies.





Dickson, TN



Looking around Montgomery-Bell State Park














 Twin Lakes' Catfish Kitchen outside of Dickson, TN in White Bluff









  
<>




Hush puppies and cole slaw are brought to your table as an appetizer.  They bring back more with your meal.  Everything is served family style!




You get large pieces of fish in a half order!! They call this Spicy Catfish.  It isn't really spicy, but it has great flavor.  They have regular also, but we prefer this!!!  I'm sure I used up all of my leftover points from the week on this meal!!



View from our window





On the way back to Clarksville, we decided to try another geo-cache.  We immediately found one fairly close, it was in downtown Charlotte.  I don’t know if I have ever into the downtown.  Not only was there a car show (I had never been to one.), but the downtown had many cool historic buildings.  Geo-caching can be a little awkward when there are people around.  You feel kind of silly looking around, but we found what we were looking for.  After that, we thought we needed to get home and check on Cocoa.  We decided we would take her for a ride (She loves that!) and possibly get another geo-cache adventure in.  We did!!!  This one was in a near-by park and we had to search in the woods.  It was lots of fun!




I almost forgot, we shared a dessert!




The sight-seeing  between Clarksville and Dickson is beatiful!



There was a close Geo-cache and our GPS lead us to Charlotte.  It was an adorable little town.  There was many historic buildings on it's "court square".  There was also a rather large car show.  I had never been to one.  It made it less obvious that we were looking for a geo-cache.













Heading back over the Cumberland River to Clarksville








Second geo-cache with Cocoa




Sunday, April 10:  Church




 I took notes on things from the sermon and Sunday School.  I may possibly use it for a future post!!  Sunday was a normal day, I went to a 1:30 Zumba class. (It was great, as usual!) 








Going to Zumba




It is starting to dawn on me that I will be going to Vegas in 6 days, I started to think about what I might want to take.  I did some looking around at TJMaxx to see if I could find something for the trip.




Well, last week wasn’t a great one at school, but I am determined that this week will be a good one and it will!!!!  Spring Break is next week and nothing is going to bother me!!!  I hope you have a great week too!!!

xoxo
pj

No comments:

Post a Comment