Sunday, April 24, 2011

Las Vegas The Final Episode

April 24, Easter Sunday  Have you ever watched one of those confusing movies where the story is told backwards???  I think I will do that with this blog.  :0)



I'm actually writing this on Easter night.  Today was not only Easter, but also my mother's birthday.  Nick and I took Cocoa and spent the night.  My son drove up from college and also spent the night.  That made it more relaxing.  We usually have to get back home to check on the dog.  The food was amazing and we enjoyed spending time with our family. 







 Nick's sister and dad were also able to join us for dinner.  We evidently drove through a tornado warning in Cadiz, Ky on the way home. Using my trusty IPhone 4, I was able to use my Weather Channel app to track the storm and see that we were in the clear.  We made it home with no problems and I think the rest of the night will be calm.  At least for now!!



Storm update The days of my Spring Break are running together.  Forgive me, if I already mentioned this.  When I write my blog, it's like I'm telling an old friend a story!!!  I can't remember if I've told you or not!!  This past Wednesday, we had some severe weather through the night.  Here's some pictures of a bush in my yard and my neighbor's tree.








Easter dinner sidenote:  My mom did all of the cooking and it was awesome.  I contributed my strawberry cake and some fresh asparagus.  I always make strawberry cake because I love it and it's my younger son's favorite.  Someone asked me if it was from scratch and I thought I would add the recipe.  You start with a white cake mix, but you add other things including strawberries.


Patty's Strawberry Cake
1 box white cake mix
3/4 c oil
1 small box strawberry jello
1 c. strawberries (I suggest blending them in the food processor.  I usually buy frozen, but add fresh too.)
1/2 c water
4 eggs (This time I used brown cage-free!!  It was the best I've ever made. Ask my family!!)

Mix dry ingredients with oil and water. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.  Add strawberries.  Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
Icing
1 box powdered sugar (Usually I try to measure from a large bag, but this time I had the 1 pound box and it was better!)
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 c strawberries (prepared the same as you did for the cake)



Friday was Earth Day!!  Here I am wearing my Earth Day t-shirt.  In second grade, we honor Earth Day during most of April, so I may still write an Earth Day post soon.  I promise it won't be boring!!  :)  I don't know, maybe Saturday was Earth Day.  lol, It doesn't matter!






Saturday, April 23:  I went to Zumba and then we drove to Murray.



If you have ever lived in Murray, you will recognize this sight.




My mom, my son and I had an early dinner here.  This was one of my dad's favorite restaurants.  He would go there for coffee every day at 3.  He did this pretty much until the end.  It's not our favorite place to eat because peole can smoke there.  My mom had asked my son what he wanted for Easter dinner and he said, "country ham".  LoL  Ham was on the Easter menu, but not country ham, so that's why we went to Marthas.  I had a cheeseburger and it was awesome!!



My son hates having his picture taken.  He never knew that I took this and he also doesn't know that I put this on my blog.  Don't tell him okay.  He doesn't read it anyway!!  :0)


Okay, now for more Vegas pics:


(Please,if you're a techie, please tell me a quicker way to add pictures to my blog!!!  I have to do them one at a time!!!  :/)



The Mirage (We didn't go in.)



The restaurant we ate at had cool cars on display.  I had my son believing that this was my rental.  :0)



The Venetian (I haven't been to Venice, so I don't know if this is realistic or not, but it was really cool!)






I am not sure which hotel this was in.








You may remember that we were window shopping and killing time until our 7:00 show.  Madame Tussads (sp?) was outside of the Venetian.  We didn't pay to go in, but we met Whoopie Goldberg and Harrison Ford outside!!!



:( Unflattering



I believe this was at Treasure Island.  At night, there is a pirate show.  We  "kind of" saw it from across the street on the way back tot he hotel.

This is the Fashion Show Mall.  The architecture reminded me of a spaceship.





Our show was at the Wynn Hotel.  It was very new and fancy. My research mentioned how the man who built this hotel was a legend in Vegas.  I guess in real estate.  I would have to look again to see exactly what it said.

Check out the cushy seats, this was our VIP seats.  We were not allowed to take pictures or videos during the performance.  I can't even begin to describe the show.  It was amazing and well worth the cost of the ticket.

The stage was down below us in the
 middle.  At times, there was water, trapeze artists dancers, divers, swimmers and lots of special effects.  It was too cool!!



We liked the Cirque de Soliel show so much that Nick got us tickets to one coming to Nashville in May.  I realize it will be totally different than the one we saw.



Long walk back to the hotel.  We logged over 5 miles and that was even with my pedometer turned off some of the time!!!












Arc de Triumph (looks like the real one!!!)








Last of all:  A short video










 As I'm finishing this up, I'm watching The Office on my DVR.  I'm shedding a tiny tear as everyone is serenading Michael Scott after the Dundie awards.  I'm truly going to miss Steve Carell.  I hope Will Ferrell will do a decent job in his place.  Noone can take Steve's place though!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment