Sunday, November 4, 2012

What do you crave???


Here I am with a Zumba instuctor who is a master at Samba! I met her at a special Zumba Halloween event.
 
 
If you know me, then you know that I like to read.  I’ve just started reading a book that my mom gave me for my birthday.  She had been studying it in a Ladies’ Bible class, and she had been telling me a lot about it.



 

Also, if you know me at all, you know I’m at the age and stage in my life where I have to work hard to keep extra weight off.  I’m a “Lifetime” member of Weight Watchers and I’m currently trying to get back to my goal weight.  I think this book may help me!!!

 

 
 
 
 
 

Made to Crave by Lysa Terkeurst is a spiritually-based wellness book that promises to:

*”Break the cycle of “I’ll start again on Monday,” and feel good about yourself today.”

*”Stop agonizing over numbers on the scale and make peace with your body.”

*”Replace rationalizations that lead to failure, with wisdom that leads to victory.”

*”Reach your healthy goals and grow closer to God through the process.”

 

 

 I would love to invite you all in to study this book with me, but since we are all short of time; I’m going to invite you into my blog instead.  Maybe you will even want to read the book on your own.

 

I just finished the introduction and it was packed full of great words of wisdom!  I’m just going to pull a few things out of it.

Most of us feel spiritually malnourished!  We feel overweight physically, but underweight spiritually! 

 

Most of us aren’t missing the “how to”, we are really missing the “want to”, which is the motivation to make the changes and “deciding that the results are worth the sacrifice.”

 

Lysa also said that getting healthy isn’t just about losing weight.  “It’s about recalibrating our souls so that we want to change_spiritually, physically and mentally.

 

 

I don’t know about you, but I think this book is just what the doctor ordered!!  I plan on taking my time and trying to do a good job summarizing the chapters for you!!  I would love to hear what you think!!!

 

 

1 comment: