Tuesday, March 6, 2012

March 2 & God Answers Even When We Don't Ask


 March 2, what is it???







March 2nd is the birthday of the one and only Dr. Seuss.  People of a certain age (like me) learned to sound out and read the rhyming and nonsense words in such Dr. Seuss classics as, Green Eggs and Ham, The Cat in the Hat, The Lorax, One Fish, Two Fish,  Red Fish, Blue Fish, The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, Horton Hears a Who, or any of other 60 books he wrote. In the education world, Dr. Seuss’s birthday has become Read Across America Day.  Classrooms spend the day or a whole week celebrating Dr. Seuss and his wonderful books.






The story goes that Dr. Seuss was bet that he couldn't write a book with only 50 words.  He succeeded, he wrote this much loved favorite!!!


My school had achievement testing scheduled during the week of Dr. Seuss’ birthday.  I teach second and we don’t have to take the achievement test, but the whole school stops during testing and we are all affected. Since our whole schedule was changing anyway, it made sense to do some special things, so I decided to do a special unit on Dr. Seuss stories. 
Dr. Seuss Roll and Cover Game

goldfish patterns





Number words Concentration









So between changes in our schedule, (no planning for two days and reduced planning on the rest of the week) and extreme changes in weather condition, we had a crazy week.  Read Across America was Friday, and if you listened to the weather it sounded like the end of the world.  I went out Friday so our students could have some extra recess.  The wind was ridiculously strong and soon after that we learned that at we were dismissing school early because of the weather system headed our way.




  After the long crazy week, I was not sad to hear this news.  All of the students had safely left by 2:00 pm, and I home.  The skies were clear, but I had to clutch my steering wheel with both hands to keep my car on the road.  We actually didn’t even have any bad weather at my house, and I was very happy we were spared.  I watched the radar and by 4:40, I could tell everything was clear to the west of us, so I headed to my usual Friday night classes of Zumba and Zumba Toning.

Tornadoes won't scare us!!!


Saturday morning I was back up .8 lbs.!!!!  Arrrrrrrghhhhh!!!!!!!  Saturday afternoon I went to a Zumba Master Class.  The instructor is a big name in the Zumba world.  He has choreographed several songs on the Zumba DVDs and he not only appears on the videos, but his likeness is used on the Zumba Wii Fit!!!  He was awesome and inspiring because he not only led us in a great class, but he took the time to talk to us and share his story with us!






GOD ANSWERS EVEN WHEN YOU DON’T ASK!!!!

I booked Taylor and my tickets for Honduras a couple of months ago.  I obsessively visited several sights so that I could find the best deal.  I ended up purchasing the tickets at two different sites.  It was a little complicated because we are traveling down together and I’m staying through the second trip, but he’s coming back after the first trip.  I was checking on our tickets and realized that I had made a mistake on Taylor’s return date. 





 I called the airline and found out that it was going to cost about $200 to change the tickets.  It couldn’t be helped, I had to pay the price and change it.  Several days later, someone had church (who has supported my mission trip in the past) handed me something.  I looked to see what it was and you will not believe this, but……………………………IT WAS $200!!!!!!!!!!!!!THANK YOU GOD FOR ANSWERING, EVEN WHEN I DON’T ASK!!!!!!!!!!!



My older son is helicopter mechanic and he hasn’t found a job since he finished his year contract in Afghanistan.  He has a phone interview on Thursday.  I ask for prayers in his behalf that his interview will go well and he will get this job.  If he gets the job it will be overseas, but in a much safer place than Afghanistan.


It's March and you know what that means.....................................................









St. Patrick's Day!!!! I've been thinking a lot about Ireland lately!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment