Sunday, March 6, 2011

Who do you hang out with??? The Bad Crowd???

Dress Down Friday,
March 4
What kind of company do you keep? (Weekend update to follow!)

Did your parents ever warn you to be careful about who you hung around with? 




Well, we do have to be part of this world, but how do we choose to live in this world?  Do we try to quietly fit in, or do we try to be a good example to those around us???


Have you ever heard of someone called Zacheus????  I'm sure you've heard the song that goes like this......."Zacheus was a wee little man, A wee little man was he...."





If you look in Luke in the 19th chapter, verse 1, you can read the story for yourself.  Zacheus was a tax-collector.  Tax collectors were not thought too highly of back then.  Most tax-collectors were dishonest and despised by the Jewish people.  The Bible says that Zacheus was a chief tax collector.


As the story goes, Zacheus hears Jesus is coming to Jericho and he wants  to see him.  Because he was so short, he climbs up in a tree, so he could see him better.  Jesus comes along, sees him in the tree and says (in Patty's paraphrase), I'm going to come to your house to eat today!!!  That one invitation was the greatest Zacheus would ever have.  It's also the greatest invitation we will ever have also!!!!  It doesn't get better than this!!



Here's the problem, many of the people in the crowd grumbled and said in Luke 19:7, ".....He has gone to be a guest with a man who is a sinner."



Well......AMEN!!! Aren't you glad that you don't have to be perfect to have a relationship with Jesus???  Jesus said in Luke 19:10, "The Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost." 


Also,  in Luke 5:31, Jesus says,   "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick"


Thankfully in 1 Timothy 2:4, we learn that He, " who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth."  And in 2 Peter 3:9  The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance   This reminds me of an invitation song we sing often at church.........

Softly and Tenderly sung by Anne Murray


<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dresvqIg9nA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>



Weekend Update:


Friday, March 4
I have a standing Friday night date with Zumba at 5:30, then a 6:30 date with the hubby for sushi at Kori.


Saturday, March 5
You may remember that Sat. morning is my Weight Watchers weigh-in......well, you are right!!!!







I lost 1.2 pounds!  That's not too bad.  If you are familiar with WW, you may know something about their points program. 



The new Points Plus has some changes.  Fruits are now free, but the points value of many things have increased.  That may sound bad, but you get a higher daily points allowance, so it all works out.  It's very healthy and it's more of a lifestyle instead of a diet.  Everyone could stand to eat this way!


Here is my little secret....(I apologize if I've already told you!)  I save most all of the extra (flex) points and Saturday is the one day that I allow myself to eat what I want.  Of course, it's still within reason.

Other standing Saturday date:  Breakfast at IHOP






Saturday was cold and it was raining hard!




Next, killing time until my other standing date. Zumba at 10:30!





I looked around at Kohls and Hobby Lobby.  I like to take pictures of the furniture at Hobby Lobby to show my mom.  I could have sworn that I had camera, but I couldn't find it..... See, the sheepish picture to the right?  I found my camera on the pavement by my car, in the pouring rain!!!  Luckily, my handy dandy camera was okay!!!




Even though this is light, it is too many points for the week.  Treat for myself for a job well done!!!!






We have had a lot of rain.  The Red River is high!





The hubby and I discussed going to see my mom in Murray, but the dreary rain made us change our mind.  We discussed going to a movie.




Later after Zumba and a manicure, I met hubby for a yummy cheeseburger at.........................................



Charley's Cheeseburgers (Of course, we used another coupon from our City Saver booklet!)





THIS WAS AMAZING!! THEIR FRIES ARE FRESH-CUT!!!!!!

I know we eat out a lot, but since it's just the two of us, this makes sense for us.  We also usually choose reasonaby priced places. Also, because he travels during the week, this is our fun time together and we don't like to spend our weekend cooking!






Hubby and I decided to see a comedy.  We chose "Hall Pass".





I cannot recommend this movie at all.  Neither one of us liked it.  The humor or lack of it was very offensive, but most of all, it wasn't funny!!!  Maybe, we should have seen.......





Sunday, March 6th: I had a 8:15 meeting before church.  Our church was celebrating it's 50 anniversary!








For lunch we used another one of our coupons at................




Dos Margaritas




Clarksville has an over-abundance in Mexican restaurants.  I had never been to this one.  I got chicken fajitas.  (10 WW pts for two!)  Can you believe it......... I didn't eat any chips and salsa.  The picture shows the ensalada.  I didn't eat all of that either.  Actually, 10 pts. was for two fajitas, so I didn't eat all of that either.  :(  Do you see a pattern???



I enjoyed the food.  The decor is very colorful and this restaurant isn't as crowded as some of the others.






















Standing Sunday afternoon date with Zumba at 1:30!




This weather is driving me crazy.  It was in the mid 30s when we got out of church.  Here I am going to Zumba.  I'm better dressed for the cold!





I hope you have a great week.....................Here's a promise of Spring for you..................




As seen in my neighborhood






I would like to take this moment to thank my Sunday school class.  Our lesson today was the inspiration for the story at the beginning of the blog.  Special thanks to the teacher, Steve!!!








xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment