Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Stuff?!?!

Stuff!


Do you have it? Do you need it? Are you overwhelmed by it?


I don't know about you, but I have too much stuff! You may or may not know that I retired after 30+ years of teaching. Our school is closing down, so everyone had to MOVE. Because I was retiring, my teaching stuff had to come home. (I guess I'm not totally convinced that I will give up teaching completely.!)


I had to figure out where to put three truckloads of school STUFF. I had to clean out STUFF from my attic to make room for the school STUFF. I HAVE TOO MUCH STUFF.


You maybe wondering why I'm talking about this. Well, I'm getting ready to go on a mission trip and I have to get everything I'm going to need and donate into two suitcases. That is no small task!

You also may of heard the news, that my friends and family have helped me raise enough money to build 5+ houses for poor families in Honduras. We like to give the family a housewarming gift after the home is built. (simple things like towels, spoons, plates, the Bible, toiletry items etc.) 




Here's the thing, the people down there would be pleased with used items from our own homes. I know without a doubt that between me and my friends, we would have enough, or more than enough of this STUFF to give housewarming gifts. 


The problem is space. I don't have enough space in my suitcases. People are always kind and generous and want to donate STUFF. If they are like me, they may even feel guilty about all of the excess STUFF they have.



1 comment:

  1. Aiden and I took 2 suitcases to visit my mom for a few days in Georgia! bet you get better at packing and knowing what you are really going to need each year.

    ReplyDelete