Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Let the traveling adventures begin......

Well, at least 4 of our mission group are lucky we made it to Costa Rica!! If you follow me on FB, you know that I had a problem being checked in because I only had booked a one way ticket to CR with Jet Blue.  

(Our travel bus)


I guess CR doesn't want people going and staying.  It is a beautiful country, but I have a very expensive ticket to leave Honduras to Nashville.  I won't bore you with the details, but after about an hour standing at the ticket desk, finally I got our leader's wife on the phone, she spoke to them and all was good!!  That's  why she is married to the boss!


Also, Diane and the Sarasota group ran into terrible traffic in Orlando.  I was concerned about her running into the same problem I had, but time was her big issue.  To make another long story short, her group was one of the last to board the plane.  


(Balcony outside our room.)


We are a group of 20+ plus mainly from Sarasota, Tampa, and Gulf Shores.  We are staying about 7 days in the capital, San Jose.  We will be working with a very small inner-city congregation called Purral Church of Christ.  


We are very thankful because today is kind of a prep day.  Our group is meeting at 9 am local time to prep our materials for all of our activities that we have planned.  (Puppet shows, skits, Ladies' Bible class, sermons, Mens' Bible classes, VBS lessons, etc.). We are leaving to drive to the church around noon.
(Jaye and Bev my sisters from the Tampa area.)

Just a warning, I don't have a great deal of extra time to edit and make these posts flowery, but I will do my best.  Also,  I know these days, people don't have much time to read, so I will try to keep it short!!!


(Parrots outside the restaurant window)

Hasta luego & Pura Vida!!!

2 comments:

  1. Do you know people from your previous trips or is it a new group each year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know people from your previous trips or is it a new group each year?

    ReplyDelete